OPCWare Client Developer is a suite of ActiveX Controls for Rapid OPC (OLE for Process Control) Data Access Client Development. The OPCWare(tm) ActiveX control suite includes four controls that are used to browse and connect to OPC servers and to bind the OPC data to user controls. Each OPCWare(tm)component is is an in-process ActiveX Server component. OPCWare(tm) brings the power and flexibility of the OPC Data Access 2.0 Automation Interface to automation clients without the need to learn or use the OPC automation object model and without dealing directly with COM objects collections or handles!
This suite of ActiveX components enables simple and complex reading and writing of OPC data to/from HMI applications databases spreadsheets etc. Features and benefits include:
- Low cost alternative to leading HMI/SCADA/Historian packages
- Fully functional OPC Client with code provided in examples
- Ready to use built-in user interface that will save developers weeks of development time
- Events raised so the client program can supervise/monitor and/or keep track of user activities
- Full configuration details can be saved and stored either through built-in functionality or programmatically
- User interface functions related to editing configurations can be enabled or disabled
The OPCWare(tm) installation package includes extensive Visual Basic source code examples for simple and advanced applications. Beginner intermediate and expert VB programmers alike can now quickly and easily leverage the power and flexibility of the OPC interfaces.
In addition to their value as development aids the Visual Basic source code examples included with OPCWare(tm) can also be used as OPC Test Clients so multiple OPC servers can simultaneously be configured and debugged.